Materials Today Communications is a new primary research journal covering all areas of materials science.
Furthering the Materials Today mission to aid the creation and sharing of materials science knowledge and experience, Materials Today Communications offers the materials science community an innovative, efficient and flexible route for the publication of scientifically and ethically sound articles which may not always find the right home on first submission. Our highly experienced and well-respected editorial team, composed of Editors and Editorial Board members from across Elsevier's materials science journals, ensure that all papers are rigorously and fairly peer-reviewed.
New articles should not be submitted to Materials Today Communications directly. Peer-reviewed articles submitted to Supporting Journals that meet the standards of quality set by their Editors and Referees, but which were considered unsuitable for publication in those journals, will be automatically accepted for publication in Materials Today Communications without resubmission or additional review*. Rapid publication of accepted articles is achieved using article-based, online publishing to ensure each paper is visible to the community as quickly as possible.
Materials Today Communications publishes original research papers of any length, and follows a hybrid publication model, providing authors with the option to publish their papers Open Access for a fee or freely via the subscription route.
*provided that the manuscript is amended according to the comments of the reviewers, as judged by the Managing Editors.
- Frédéric De Geuser
SIMAP, Grenoble INP, Phelma Campus BP 75X, 1340 rue de la Piscine, 38 402, Saint Martin d’Hères Cedex, , France
- Lars Giebeler
Leibniz Institute for Solid State & Materials Research Dresden (IFW Dresden, Helmholtzstr. 20, D-01069, Dresden, Germany
- Samuel Humphry-Baker
Dept. of Materials, South Kensington Campus, Imperial College London, Exhibition Road, SW7 2AZ, London, UK
- Tomas Martin
Dept. of Materials, University of Oxford, 16 Parks Road, Oxford, OX1 3PH, UK
- Guillaume Miquelard-Garnier
PIMM lab, Arts et Métiers ParisTech, 151 boulevard de l'Hôpital, 75013, Paris, France
The following journals are able to transfer manuscripts to Materials Today Communications. Materials Today Communications is currently not open for direct submissions.
- Carbon - editorial board
- Current Opinion in Solid State & Materials Science - editorial board
- Materials & Design - editorial board
- Nano Today - editorial board
- Cement and Concrete Research - editorial board
- Journal of Alloys and Compounds - editorial board
- Materials Today Energy - editorial board
- Polymer Degradation and Stability - editorial board
- Reactive and Functional Polymers - editorial board
- Materials Today Chemistry - editorial board
- Diamond and Related Materials
- Applied Materials Today - editorial board
- Biomaterials - editorial board
- Composites Science and Technology - editorial board
- Polymer - editorial board