The Chicago NACE Section is proud to host the 2012 Central Area Conference (CAC). Show organizers last hosted CAC in 2004, and they are excited to have this opportunity again this year. The conference will be held at the beautiful Westin Hotel Yorktown in Lombard, Ill.,, which is only 30 minutes from downtown Chicago. We would encourage all attendees to come in a day or two early and enjoy all that Chicago has to offer, including catching a ballgame at Wrigley Field, taking in the Architecture Tour on the Chicago River or walk the famous Magnificent Mile or Navy Pier.
The technical program will cover the following:
- Cathodic protection for gas distribution and transmission pipelines. Topics will be on criteria, protecting your pipelines, and AST and UST's.
- Coatings selection, application for above and below ground pipelines.
- Pipeline integrity—basic and latest ILI technology, over-the-line surveys (DCVG and ACVG), ECDA, ICDA, and SCCDA.
- Casing evaluation and rehab, remote monitoring, new technology for data gathering, and AC and DC interference.
- PHMSA corrosion control and cathodic protection update.
You will enjoy networking with old friends and meeting new ones, learning new information on many important industry topics, and having fabulous time at the 2012 Central Area Conference.
Register online or contact NACE for more information.