The Metal Powder Industries Federation's (MPIF) Awards Committee has announced the recipients of the 2017 MPIF Distinguished Service to Powder Metallurgy (PM) Award.
The award recognizes individuals who have actively served the North American PM industry for at least 25 years and deserve special recognition from their peers.
The 2017 award recipients are (company name in parenthesis indicates employer at time of retirement):
- Eric Iver Anderson, FAPMI, Ames Laboratory
- Diran Apelian, FAPMI, Worcester Polytechnic Institute
- Sherri R Bingert, (Los Alamos National Laboratory)
- Matthew Bulger, NetShape Technologies Inc
- Dean Howard, PMT, North American Höganäs Inc
- Mark D Kesterholt, (Rio Tinto Metal Powders)
- Sydney H Luk, Royal Metal Powders Inc
- Glen Moore, (Burgess-Norton Mfg Co)
- Thomas J Pontzer, (Gasbarre Products Inc)
- JoAnne Ryan, Alpha Sintered Metals Inc
- Rohith Shivanath, Stackpole International
- John Sweet, FMS Corporation
The awards ceremony will take place at the Industry Luncheon on 14 June, 2017, during the POWDERMET2017 conference in Las Vegas.
This story uses material from the MPIF, with editorial changes made by Materials Today. The views expressed in this article do not necessarily represent those of Elsevier.