Each of the JVs will be responsible for a single wind farm project, each with an initial capacity of 49.5 MW.

The total investment of each wind JV will not exceed RMB500 million. The remaining part of the total investment will be raised by each JV through external debt, China Windpower says.

China Windpower holds 55% equity capital in 9 of the wind power JVs with Liaoning Energy holding the remaining 45%.

In the other 9 wind power plants, Liaoning Energy has 55% equity capital and China Windpower has the remaining 45%.