Materials Today is dedicated to the creation and sharing of materials science knowledge and experience. Supported by Elsevier, we publish journals that provide authors and readers with comprehensive coverage across materials science, spanning ground breaking discoveries to highly specialized research; offering exceptional diversity, high quality peer review, rapid publication, maximum visibility and the widest choice.
Materials Today is now moving into a new era.
Our flagship journal now welcomes comprehensive articles and short communications reporting breakthrough discoveries and major technical achievements of broad interest to the materials community, in addition to review articles in engaging and rapidly developing fields. We're launching a series of specialist companion titles, including Applied Materials Today, Materials Today Energy and Materials Today Chemistry, for more focused research at the forefront of materials - in addition to the dedicated proceedings journal Materials Today: Proceedings, and sound science publication Materials Today Communications. Together with the extended Materials Today family of over 100 journals - including leading titles such as Nano Today, Biomaterials, Polymer, Nano Energy, and Carbon - you'll find journals that span materials science, from the big picture to the smallest, but often most crucial, detail.
Why publish with Materials Today?
- Exceptional Diversity: With a growing collection of over 100 journals, the extended Materials Today family provides authors and readers with comprehensive coverage across materials science and related disciplines.
- The Widest Choice: From ground breaking discoveries to highly specialized research; from original research articles to authoritative reviews - Materials Today has journals to suit your needs.
- High Quality Peer Review: A global community of high profile, thought-leading, active researchers edit the Materials Today journals to ensure quality and provide authors with constructive feedback.
- Rapid Publication: Rapid review, expert advice and seamless manuscript rerouting between interconnected journals set new standards for scientific publishing.
- Maximum Visibility: Your article published via ScienceDirect, the world's leading source for scientific, technical, and medical research; discover and be discovered via MaterialsToday.com, the community website for materials science news, comment, and so much more.
Connecting the global network of materials scientists, we coordinate successful conferences such as Frontiers in Polymer Science, Diamond and Carbon Materials, Materials Today Asia, Hybrid Materials, Nano Today, and NuMat: Nuclear Materials. Watch out for Featured Events in the Events listing.
Sign up for your free member account and you'll get access to everything on the site, including exclusive comments, interviews, and educational seminars (webinars). You'll also find the latest news on established and emerging topics in advanced materials, as well as information on the latest equipment and events. Visit the features page for free access to specially selected articles from the Materials Today journal family, and find your next position via the jobs board.
Chaired by Professor Subra Suresh, former director of the National Science Foundation and current president of Carnegie Mellon University, the Elsevier Materials Science Council will undertake a raft of activities with Elsevier over the next three years to help support the research community in three ways: supporting the sharing and communication of scientific information and data through new technology platforms and pathways; helping researchers communicate the importance of materials science to the general public; and rewarding researchers, particularly those working in difficult conditions or in countries with limited infrastructure. To read more about the Council, click here.
Elsevier is a world-leading provider of information solutions that enhance the performance of science, health, and technology professionals, empowering them to make better decisions, deliver better care, and sometimes make groundbreaking discoveries that advance the boundaries of knowledge and human progress. Elsevier provides web-based, digital solutions — among them ScienceDirect, Scopus, Research Intelligence and ClinicalKey — and publishes over 2,500 journals, including The Lancet and Cell, and more than 35,000 book titles, including a number of iconic reference works. Elsevier is part of RELX Group, a world-leading provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries.