This special issue not only contains an overview of porous polymers, but also contains in-depth discussions of fundamental, cutting-edge research and development.Michael S. Silverstein
Now available on ScienceDirect: A special issue of Polymer, focusing on porous polymers.
As Michael Silverstein notes in the issue's Editorial, "Porous polymers exploit the ease of processability associated with polymers to enable the production of monoliths, films, and beads that can possess well-defined and tailor-made hierarchical porous architectures, high specific surface areas, and multiple functionalities." And so porous polymers make not only fascinating materials for fundamental research, but are valued for their potential for technological exploitation - making them an ideal topic to highlight in this month's issue of the journal Polymer.
The issue is free to access throughout 2014, so head over to ScienceDirect by following the links below to access the papers.
- T. Ratvijitvech, R. Dawson, A. Laybourn, Y.Z. Khimyak, D.J. Adams, A.I. Cooper, Postsynthetic modification of conjugated microporous polymers
- J. Vile, M. Carta, C.G. Bezzu, B.M. Kariuki, N.B. McKeown, Centrotriindane- and triptindane-based polymers of intrinsic microporosity
- S.D. Brucks, D.N. Bunck, W.R. Dichtel, Functionalization of 3D covalent organic frameworks using monofunctional boronic acids
- M. Zhang, Z. Perry, J. Park, H.-C. Zhou, Stable benzimidazole-incorporated porous polymer network for carbon capture with high efficiency and low cost
- F. Maya, F. Svec, A new approach to the preparation of large surface area poly(styrene-co-divinylbenzene) monoliths via knitting of loose chains using external crosslinkers and application of these monolithic columns for separation of small molecules
- R.M. Dorin, W.A. Phillip, H. Sai, J. Werner, M. Elimelech, U. Wiesner, Designing block copolymer architectures for targeted membrane performance
- M. Kumar, M. Ulbricht, Novel ultrafiltration membranes with adjustable charge density based on sulfonated poly(arylene ether sulfone) block copolymers and their tunable protein separation performance
- Z. Wang, H. Ma, B.S. Hsiao, B. Chu, Nanofibrous ultrafiltration membranes containing cross-linked poly(ethylene glycol) and cellulose nanofiber composite barrier layer
- B. Le Droumaguet, R. Lacombe, H.-B. Ly, M. Guerrouache, B. Carbonnier, D. Grande, Engineering functional doubly porous PHEMA-based materials
- H.-B. Chena, E. Hollinger, Y.-Z. Wanga, D.A. Schiraldi, Facile fabrication of poly(vinyl alcohol) gels and derivative aerogels
- M.S. Silverstein, Emulsion-templated porous polymers: A retrospective perspective
- H. He, W. Li, M. Lamson, M. Zhong, D. Konkolewicz, C.M. Hui et al., Porous polymers prepared via high internal phase emulsion polymerization for reversible CO2 capture
- L.L.C. Wong, S. Barg, A. Menner, P. do Vale Pereira, G. Eda, M. Chowalla et al., Macroporous polymer nanocomposites synthesised from high internal phase emulsion templates stabilised by reduced graphene oxide
- F. Audouin, A. Heise, Synthesis of polymeresilica hybrid polyHIPEs by double in situ polymerization of concentrated water in oil emulsion
- U. Sevsek, J. Brus, K. Jerabek, P. Krajnc, Post polymerisation hypercrosslinking of styrene/divinylbenzene poly(HIPE)s: Creating micropores within macroporous polymer
- S.D. Kimmins, P. Wyman, N.R. Cameron, Amine-functionalization of glycidyl methacrylate-containing emulsion-templated porous polymers and immobilization of proteinase K for biocatalysis
- R.S. Moglia, J.L. Robinson, A.D. Muschenborn, T.J. Touchet, D.J. Maitland, E. Cosgriff-Hernandez, Injectable polyMIPE scaffolds for soft tissue regeneration
- Y. Reinwald, R.K. Johal, A.M. Ghaemmaghami, F.R.A.J. Rose, S.M. Howdle, K.M. Shakesheff, Interconnectivity and permeability of supercritical fluid-foamed scaffolds and the effect of their structural properties on cell distribution
- Y.S. Zhang, J. Yao, L.V. Wang, Y. Xia, Fabrication of cell patches using biodegradable scaffolds with a hexagonal array of interconnected pores (SHAIPs)